Searching systematically for your research
Where ? : Regional Medical Library, 1st floor, Clinical Education and Research Centre, University Hospital Limerick.
This training course provides an introduction to a systematic process of search strategy development. The training involves demonstrations, practical work and discussion to enable attendees to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out literature searches.
The trainer is an experienced information specialist. Her extensive experience lies in conducting literature searches to support research and clinical queries.
We ask that you undertake this online tutorial :AllAboard Systematic Searching prior to the workshop. Don't forget to bring the badge you will receive for completing the online tutorial - this will help us focus on more practical work during the workshop.
Workshop learning outcomes:
- How to follow a established process for searching systematically
- Hands on experience on developing your question using PICO or similar templates
- Hands on experience of developing search strategies and searching key databases
- Evaluating quality of studies and basic knowledge of critical appraisal
Related LibGuide: Systematic Reviews by Liz Dore
- Thursday, July 19, 2018 Show more dates
- 11:00 - 13:00